GROW project blooms each spring together with 9th and 10th graders in several cities in Romania, along with international trainers and enthusiastic organizers.
In the fall of 2014, 12 AIESEC volunteers decided to accept the challenge of being the leaders of GROW educational program in 12 cities in Romania and with other 60 voluntaries – members of the 12 organising teams, made possible the participation of 2,000 teenagers, who experienced GROW and enjoyed educational games and multicultural events.
They had the opportunity to be GROWzavi along with 40 trainers from all over the world, who tasted the beauty of Romania, delivered over 20,000 hours of training with passion and enthusiasm and shared their experience.
Today you can find in the GROW coordinators some true leaders. Leaders who offered six weeks of their student life to enable an unforgettable experience to the internationals coming to Romania. Leaders who learned for school exams at night and dedicated the days to organize the GROW workshops and events, colored team building, treasure hunt, flash mob, multicultural evenings, movie nights, cooking nights etc.
They learned, worked, laughed, cried together and, most importantly, inspired the today teens, tomorrow’s leaders.
After all, GROW is about…
- teenagers in search of magic, looking for a sense of “wooow”;
- learning to fly when you don’t know you have wings;
- friendship, dedication and sharing;
- having initiative and being proactive, seeking motivation in the enthusiastic smiles of teenagers, in the living light of their eyes;
- stepping beyond the barriers;
- a boom of energy and inspiration;
- going beyond ignorance;
- making the first step and enjoying it, even if fear is greater than desire..
The 13 editions of GROW gathered 13,170 teenagers who graduated the program, 172 brave coordinators, 462 international trainers from 62 countries, over 14,000 hours of training and more than 1,100 volunteers involved.
It’s GROWzav to offer so much joy and life lessons!